The race to get as much artwork done for Hunt & Gather is on. I'm elbows deep in wood, sawdust and paint. I've been cutting out monsters every other night and have 30 cut so far. In between batches of monsters, I created two large pieces that I plan to use as decoration for my booth. They'll also be available for sale. But creating these two pieces has been challenging and fun. I've learned a ton by going through the motion of spraying some paint. I've learned what can tips do what and how to move and how much pressure to put down in order to create the line weight that I want.
I did this blue one first. I stated by sketching out a rough outline to give me a frame of reference and size for each monster. I then proceeded to put down all the base colors, I experimented with different movements and pressure intensities of the can.
Once I was done with this one I wanted to try something with the left over space. I cut out the top edge of the monsters and loved the way it looked. It gave the large piece some additional personality.
I tried to give the monsters in this one a little more character this time around. I spent a little more time adding shading and color layers to these guys. I went with a warm color scheme for this one. I used the same process as the other one and outlined them last.
I ran out of the Montana paint that I used for outlining so I wasn't sure how this color and paint was going to lay down. I used a New York Fat Cap for the outlines.
Until next time. I'll be cutting out monsters for the next few days then the painting and fun can begin. Stay tuned for more process stuff and check out Hunt & Gather the first weekend in March.