Another Step Closer
I made some real progress tonight.
I started priming all of my monsters so far. And what I thought was going to be an easy tasked turned into another long night.
My process for priming is pretty simple. I use some basic primer to get a night matte finish on the wood so that when I lay down my color it sits nicely on the surface. I water it down with a third water to paint ratio to help it move quicker over the wood. Its basically a white wash, nothing fancy or to detailed. But when you're doing multiple pieces and takes some time.
Once I got all the pieces painted I cleaned up the studio and figured out a game plan for the rest of the pieces and my display. I found some old sketches in the back of a bag of supplies and it got me thinking of what else I could do.
It was a great night of getting some stuff done. I feel accomplished and I think I'll be ready for Hunt & Gather next weekend.
These hands have seen better days.